ISO 45001:2018 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities.
What are the key benefits?
- Positions your business as industry leaders.
- Increases trust.
- Consistency means efficiency.
- Lowers insurance premiums
- Improves individual safety as well as organisational.
- Improves managerial oversight.
- Preventative risk and hazard assessment.
- Increases return on investment (ROI)