ISO 41001 is an international management system standard that sets out the requirements for facilities management, including facilities management policy development and setting appropriate objectives. The standard can be applied to any organisation, large or small, in all industrial, commercial, public and service sectors. It can be integrated with other management systems.
Adopting the standard can help a facilities management service or department to demonstrate the quality of its services. As with other ISO standards, compliance with 41001 can either be demonstrated internally through audit and benchmarking, or certification can be gained from an accredited third-party body.
- improved workforce productivity, safety and health and wellbeing
- improved communication of requirements and methodologies among and between public and private sector organizations
- improved efficiency and effectiveness, thus improving cost benefits to organizations
- improved service consistency
- providing a common platform for all types of organizations